July 29, 2010

QUICK SMOKE: Cohiba Maduro 5 series


My Uncle was in town this week and brought my brother and me some nice gifts from his last trip to Cuba. This was my first ever Cohiba Maduro and it didn't disappoint. It was full-bodied from the beginning, and started out with really dark,woody flavors. About an inch or so in, the stick started to produce some nice kicks of spice that balanced well, making for a interesting flavor profile. The draw was excellent, but the burn was a little wavy -- nothing that couldn't be fixed with a hit of the torch now and then. I really enjoyed this cigar and smoking with great company only made it better. Thank you Uncle John for setting me up with this stick. I hope you have safe travels back home.

- Dan

Specifics
Vitola: Robusto
Length: 5 1/2
Ring Gauge: 52
Wrapper: Cuban
Binder: Cuban
Filler: Cuban
Price: $?
Smoking Location: My brothers house
Beverage: water

0 comments:

Post a Comment